- Safilo in Brief
- Where we are
- Business Model
Society and Culture
Safilo Group is always the first in line to support important charitable and cultural initiatives. With the belief that a company operates in different social contents, Safilo promotes and actively takes part in numerous solidarity and social responsibility projects both in Italy and abroad.
PhilanthropySafilo has backed social responsibility projects for many years.
Supports the Special Olympics Lions Club International Opening Eyes project, the largest worldwide programme for eye screening dedicated to the athletes of the Special Olympics. In 2003 Safilo renewed its support for the project, providing optical frames and sunglasses to participants in the Special Olympics. In different countries, from the United States to France, from France to China, from South Africa to Australia, the Special Olympics involved a number of athletes in sports events aimed at uniting a passion for sport with individual dignity and success.
Has collaborated for years with organis ations and associations involved in research and medical care: it has an uninterrupted commitment with the Fondazione Città della Speranza , dedicated to research and diagnosis of childhood leukaemia.
Safilo supports CBM Italia Onlus, whose main objective is to fight preventable forms of blindness and physical and mental disability in the poorest countries in the world.
Recently the Group has contributed to build the Padhar Hospital Eye Services, in the North of India.
Cultural initiativesSafilo participates in exhibitions and events including:
- “The colours of the Forte Piano – Bartolomeo Cristofori”, concerts of classical music for piano to celebrate Bartolomeo Cristofori, inventor of the piano, Padua, June and July 2011.
- “Galileo Literary Prize for the popular scientific culture – Padua 2011” – Safilo supports the promotion of science and education among young people thanks to this prestigious national prize.
- “Il Falso non ha senso” – exhibition organised by Ministry of Economic Development and Unioncamere, in order to sensitive public awareness of the counterfeiting problem, Rome from January 13 to February 6.
- “Drawing and Design - Italian patents and creativity” an exhibition dedicated to Made in Italy throughout one century of Italian creativity, held in Shanghai from April 28 to August 31, 2010.
- “Safilo: a world beyond eyewear”, an exhibition in cooperation with the Municipality of Padua, from January to March 2010.
- “The future of Galileo”, an exhibition in Padua from February to June 2009
- “Logos of Italy – histories in the art of excelling”, an exhibition dedicated to creativity, held in Rome between November 2008 and January 2009
- “Letting the object speak for itself”, a meeting on design in Turin in May 2008
- “The Art of Italian Expertise” exhibition, promoted on the occasion of G8 meeting in L’Aquila in July 2009.
Safilo also supports the Venice International Foundation, which seeks to safeguard Venice through study and research.
The Safilo "Senators' Club"
The Safilo ‘Senators’ Club ’ was formed for employees with over 25 years of service to the company.
The club was created in 1974 by a small group of enterprising staff who had witnessed the birth and growth of Safilo under the guidance of Guglielmo Tabacchi.